Almond Oat Thins
36 Servings (serving size is 1 cookie)
These cookies are a perfect treat for pairing with afternoon tea or coffee! Recipe courtesy of Diabetes Self- Management. Calories: 30 calories, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 19 mg, Fiber: 1 mg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with nonstick silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
2. Place almonds and sugar in bowl of food processor. Process using 3-second pulses until mixture is mealy. Add 1/4 cup oats and process using 3-second pulses until finely ground. Add flour and pulse 2 to 3 times. Do not overmix.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add egg whites, corn syrup and almond and vanilla extracts; beat on medium speed 1 minute.
4. Add dry mixture and remaining 1 tablespoon oats to wet ingredients and beat on low speed to mix batter, scraping sides of bowl.
5. Drop batter by level teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets (9 cookies per baking sheet). Using back of wet spoon, spread batter into thin, 21/2-inch rounds.
6. Bake 8 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
How to make
This item is connected to a text field in your Content Manager. Double click on the dataset icon to add your own content. Want to view and manage all your collections? Click on the Content Manager button on the panel to your left. Here, you can update your items, add new fields, create dynamic pages and more.
Your collection is already set up with fields and content. Add your own by editing each field, or import CSV files to your Content Manager. You can create fields for rich text, images, videos and more. Remember to click Sync, so visitors can see your collections on your live site. You can add as many collections as you need.
Use input elements like custom forms and fields to collect info from your site visitors and store it in your Database Collections. Make sure all your elements Connect to Data, and Preview your Live Site to check that everything is correctly binded.
1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon quick oats, divided
1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons soft baking butter with canola oil
2 egg whites
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla